There is a love in this household for all things spicy, in particular all things Mexican inspired. You name it: burritos, tacos, quesadillas and we’ll eat it! Shredded chicken can be made quickly and easily to make a really flavoursome meal – either in a burrito, salad or simply with some rice. It’s easy to mix up the flavours to suit the occasion.
- 4 x Chicken Breasts
- 2 x Dried Chipotle Chilli
- 2 tsp Chipotle and Paprika Paste
- 1 x Diced Small Onion
- 1 x Minced Clove Garlic
- Fresh Coriander
- Juice of One Lime
- Start by cooking the onion off in a large enough saucepan to fit all of the chicken, add the garlic, lime juice, chilli and paste and stir through. Pop the chicken in and poach for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through
- Remove the chicken and leave to cool slightly before shredding with two forks (or if you’re lucky enough to have one, with the flat beater of a stand mixer)
- Whilst the chicken cools, reduce the stock mixture down to concentrate the flavours. Once this has done, remove the chilli pieces, dice and return into the liquid along with the the shredded chicken and serve as you like!