Chocolate and orange are a flavour combination that was made famous to me by Terry and, of course, the delightful Dawn French. It’s not often I make biscuits or cookies, but as I need a big batch for work, I thought I would see how a chocolate orange batch would turn out.
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1tsp. Baking Soda
- 120g Crushed Chocolate, Milk or Plain
- Pinch Salt
- 150g Butter
- 225ml Golden Syrup
- 25ml Honey
- 1tsp Orange Extract
- Pop the oven on to 180c or 170c Fan
- In a saucepan, add the butter, golden syrup and honey and warm until it has all combined – then stir in the flavour extract
- Add the warm wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir until all combined. You’ll find the chocolate will melt in, but if you prefer a choc chunk, simply wait for it to cool before mixing through
- Use an ice-cream scoop or dessert spoon to measure out mix onto lined baking sheets and pop into the oven for about 10-15 minutes
- When you take them out, they’ll be very flexible still (and very hot!), so place straight onto cooling racks using a pallet knife
- Enjoy on their own or with your favourite brew!