As I may have mentioned, we love spice in our house and chicken is no exception. What isn’t nice, however, is greasy fried chicken. So I had a go at my own version at home. The buttermilk kept the chicken moist, the crumb coating gave a great texture and being baked meant no grease.
• 3 Chicken Breasts, cut into equal strips/chunks
• Plain Flour
• Rice Krispies or Panko Breadcrumbs
• Salt and Pepper
• Chilli Powder
• Cayene Pepper
1. Put a good amount of flour, buttermilk and the rice krispies or panko breadcrumbs into three separate bowls. If using rice krispies, crunch them up first
2. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper
3. Cover the chicken in flour, then dip in the buttermilk and then into the crumb. Then place onto the baking tray
4. Pop into the oven at 190c for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through and golden
5. Serve with dips – mayo with sriracha goes really well!