On a Friday I work in Soho and can never make up my mind where I want to eat. Recently at Berwick Street market, The Circus Bros. have arrived offering filled tortilla at, what I think, is a bargain price of £5 for two fillings. Served up with freshly toasted garlic bread, it hits the spot on a Friday lunchtime.
Here is my take on tortilla for a cosy night in.
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 1 Large White Onion
- Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash the potatoes and cut into about 1cm slices and roughly chop the onion
- Pop some butter and oil into a large pan, pop the potato and onion, cover and stir occasionally for about 15 minutes – you want the potato tender, but not soft
- Transfer to a large heated frying pan with a splash of oil and sprinkle the rosemary on top
- Whisk the eggs, season and then pour over the mix in the pan
- Cook on a low heat until firm. Cover with a large plate, flip over and slide back into the frying pan to brown off – alternatively if you have a heat safe pan, you can pop under a hot grill
- Leave to cool slightly and serve still warm